Simple is a brand that is well known to formulate gentle skincare line. So recently simple came up with their new line water boost specifically formulated for sensitive and dehydrated skin to provide extra hydration and deep moisture for thirsty skin.
This water boost line consists of Micellar Facial gel wash, Micellar cleansing water & Hydrating booster that helps to reverse 5 signs of dehydration such as :
- Dry dehydration line.
The product that i want to highlight is the Hydrating Booster. An affordable booster that help you achieve a well hydrated skin, radiance and dewy complexion.
- Simple Water Boost Hydrating Booster gives you on-demand hydration by letting you choose how to apply it and how much to use.
- Its lightweight, intensive hydrating formula instantly quenches thirsty skin, smoothing away tighness and dryness while providing long lasting hydration.
- Skin feels more comfortable, supple & looks naturally dewy-fresh with every use.
- Water (aqua) – Water as the main ingredient and the source of hydrating properties. 50-70% of hydration supplied by water contain in skincare’s product.
- Glycerin – is a humectant, a type of moisturizing agent that pulls water into the outer layer of the skin from deeper levels of your skin and attract water that is in the air.
- Pentylene glycol & butylene glycol – Act as conditioning agent that add a layer of softness and both of them also provide moisture to the skin.
Come in opaque tube packaging with 25ml capacity. The packaging is cute, small and tiny so it didn’t take a lot of space in my makeup bag and i can bring it anywhere i go or put it inside my handbag.
Texture & Scents
The texture of the booster is thin translucent gel-ish texture. Thanks to it’s lightweight formula my skin sucks the booster instantly. During my usage, I didn’t detect any smells from this booster. It proves the claimed stated on the packaging No artificial Perfume or Color which is very suitable for sensitive skin.
How to use
There are 3 ways to use this booster
- As a hydrating primer layer. Apply a small amount all over the face before your daily moisturiser
- As a booster. Add few drops to your favorite Simple daily moisturiser.
- For a very dry/dehydrated area. Apply as a spot treatment care to the area of your skin that need extra hydration.
The gel texture of the booster is very thin and lightweight. It is easier to spread across your face and it sinks in immediately without leaving any trace of greasy & tacky feeling behind. Usually i use the booster in both of my morning & night skincare routine.
The booster make my skin appear supple, bouncy and well hydrated. If you cannot afford pricey hydrating serum you can try this one from simple. Just apply pea size of it is enough to make your skin looks bouncy all day long.
I can see slightly improvement on my fine lines under my eyes. It becomes a lot smoother compared to before i include the booster in my skincare routine
I feel like this booster is great to use as pre-moistururiser step. It also works wonder on its own or without layering too many product with it. I notice whenever i layer too much skincare with the booster it tend to clog my pores and i always end up with few tiny bumps.
But in my case if i use the booster alone or with minimal skincare the booster works great and no clogged pores detected.
I highly recommending this booster for people who have dry, dehydrated and sensitive skin.With the affordable price and the performance it is really worth it to give it a try at least once!