If you are a Malaysian and love to eat ulam (raw leafy green vegetables) with sambal belacan, you probably know Cica or better known as daun pegaga in Bahasa Malaysia.
Over the last few years, Cica or its scientific name Centella Asiatica, has been one of the favourite superb ingredients in skincare.
Cica has four (4) primary compounds. One of them is Madecassoside. It is a great antioxidant often used to assist soothing acne inflammation, healing small wounds, scratches, and burns and even as an anti-inflammatory with eczema.
In this article, I am sharing about the Madecassoside Cream from one of the K-Beauty brands.
This madecassoside cream calms damaged skin, then makes your skin barrier much stronger to the external stimulations towards your skin.
- Improves skin damage, soothes irritations, helps strengthen skin barrier, whitening effect and wrinkle improvement effect.
- Treats inner skin dryness and skin damage caused by harmful environments.
- Firms saggy skin and inner dryness.
- Brightens skin tone.
Capacity : 120 ml (new jumbo size).
*Mine has capacity of 50 ml
How To Use:
- After using essence or serum, dispense appropriate amount to apply over your face.
- Apply onto soothing care needed areas, legs, elbows, heels, under eyes and etc.
- Centella asiatica leaf water (40%), Centella Asiatica Extract, Madecassoside (0.1%) – soothing and healing properties
- Niacinamide – to help visibly improve enlarged pores, uneven skin tone, fine lines and wrinkles, dullness, and a weakened surface
- Witch Hazel Leaf Extract – natural astringent, and has antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antifungal properties
- Lactic Acid – mild type of AHA to improve skin tone and reduce pore appearance
- Grapefruit Peel Oil, Lemon Peel Oil, Lavender Oil, Mandarin Orange Peel Oil – Natural AHAs
- Allantoin – soothe skin and stimulate new cells growth
- Adenosine – anti wrinkle benefits
The cream comes on a tube with a hole to pour out its content. The opening is quite big, so it comes out easily, without the need to press hard. I love this kind of packaging since it is more hygienic than jars/tubs.
There are only Korean writings on the back of the tube and the box, which is disadvantageous for people who cannot read Korean.
There is the expiry date printed at the bottom, back of the tube and on the box in the format of YYYYMMDD
Light yellow cream
Mild citrusy scent. This cream does not contain any fragrance. However, do note that it contains a few plant oils as listed in the notable ingredients above.
I find it interesting that this cream has a fluid gel-like texture. When it cream comes out of the tube, it looks rich but when you spread it on the skin, it’s buttery soft and has a slight silicony feeling. Do note that it contains Dimethicone, a common ingredient in primers.
This cream has a medium consistency despite being runny. I would usually use a 20 cent sized amount of cream to cover my whole face. It easily spreads on dry and damp skin.
Although I have oily skin, I love that this cream gives a dewy finish. It makes my skin looks radiant and healthy.
My Verdicts :
*Noted that I have oily skin.
Since it is not as lightweight as a gel cream and not as thick as a rich emollient cream, it does take some time to dissolve into my skin. At first, I hated this cream so much because it literally sits on my skin making me feel uncomfortable with the film. It felt quite heavy on my oily skin which made me only use this at night time. After 1 month of using this, I learnt that I need to shake the tube before squeezing the cream out to have a better well-blended cream. Since I learnt the trick, I love to use it even in my morning routine.
I love how smooth my skin feels after this cream has fully absorbed into my skin. It kind of create a good canvas for my makeup application. There are some popular opinion that this makes a great hydrating base primer for makeup. I could totally relate to that. Thanks to the silicony effect!
But it does leaves a thin coating/ film on my skin, which makes my oily skin a bit uncomfortable if I’m in non air-conditioned areas. However, if I’m in an air-conditioned spaces, it works well to moisturise my skin for a good few hours.
I am not bothered by the scent. I find it pleasant since it subsides after a while. Sensitive skin users might want to be extra careful on the ingredients it contains.
I have some dry patches at the sides of my nose. I noticed that this cream helped to smoothen out the area with just few usages. I do not have redness issue, so I could not tell how it performs on this concern.
After 3 months of usage and it is finally empty, I concluded that this cream will definitely suit dry skin better. It helps to keep the skin hydrated and also helps with dry patches.
I did not experience any adverse reaction like irritation, redness, clogged pores, etc while using this cream.
All the comments mentioned above are solely based on my experience and are only my own. Do note that it may give different results to your skin as our skin vary individually.
Rating: 4/5 ⭐
Dry skin, Dehydrated skin, suitable during winter.
A’PIEU MADECASSOSIDE CREAM 120 ML