Ranked as one of the best-selling hair care brands in Japan, UK, and US, Amino Mason claims to be a 100% natural hair care brand made essentially from all-natural botanical, fruit and herb extracts, as well as 18 types of Super Amino Acids – all key to cleanse, moisturize, protect and manage scalp and hair health. There are two permanent product lines to choose from based on your hair type:
- Moist Hair Care series – recommended for dry to normal hair
- Smooth Hair Care series – recommended for normal to oily hair
As I’m dealing with dry, damaged hair and was out of hair treatment then, I decided to get the hair mask from the Moist Hair Care series.
Inspired by the ever popular, “Mason Jar”, experience new hair care revolution with proprietary Super Amino Acids Complex Formula. Hair is made of up amino acids, so why not replenish it with amino acids? They are the key components of hair, repairs damages, and balances moisture level.
- 18 types of amino acids and botanical creams (avocado, cherimoya, manuka honey, shea butter) for exceptional hydration.
- Concentrated formula with Bis-ethoxydiglycol cyclohexane 1,4-dicarboxylate, ceramides, soluble collagen and more to reconstruct porous hair and create a moisture veil to each strand.
- Maximizes hydration with adhesive emollient ingredients such as Hyaluroveil®, Lipidure, raw collagen and shea butter.
- Hyaluroveil® technology, a highly adhesive hyaluronic acid that does not rinse off, acts as a veil to seal moisture from leaking and also smoothens the hair’s surface.
- Free of sulfate, mineral oil, synthetic dyes and petroleum based surfactant.
- pH balanced.
- White Rose Bouquet fragrance.
Packed with benefits of both hair packs and hair masks for intense damage repair, the AMINO MASON Butter Milk Mask Pack brings you noticeable results after just one use!
200g / 7.0 o.z.
Opaque plastic squeeze-tube with a black flip-top cap.
How to use:
After shampooing, dispense adequate amount of treatment cream to hair*. Leave it in for awhile and rinse thoroughly. For best results, use it together with the Amino Mason Moist Series.
*Personally, I mostly just use this as a deep conditioner for the ends of my hair only (avoiding my scalp) to prevent heaviness. I also leave it on for at least 10-15 minutes before rinsing with cold water.
Claims to have a White Rose Bouquet scent, and indeed it has moderately strong floral tones. I personally find it inoffensive and pleasantly sweet for hair care.
Smooth, non-sticky white cream consistency which spreads onto hair easily.
My hair type:
Chemically-treated fine hair (dyed with permanent box dye a couple of times), so quite dry and damaged especially at the hair ends. Often frizzy due to humidity (even pre-dye). Scalp/roots considered normal (used to be more oily), but sometimes flaky. Hair loss is also an issue.
I’ve been using this hair treatment for a few months now and I love how smooth it makes my hair feel! Here are some pictures to show my hair without and with the treatment respectively (both after my hair has been adequately air-dried):
As you can see, there is an immediately noticeable “de-frizzing” and softening effect post-wash. Not to mention how lovely the sweet smell clings onto my hair for the day! However, I must say that these effects aren’t as dramatic and long-lasting as I’d like them to be, so I do have mixed feelings.
All in all, this is a decent hair mask which, I think would better suit less damaged virgin hair rather than my chemically-treated hair. It does work better (softer hair for longer) when coupled with a good hair oil afterwards, though. And it’d probably yield greater results when used in conjunction with the rest of the product line as recommended!