I think everyone probably already knows about this foundation I’m gonna review today. This is the original one and the baby is the serum type foundation. I haven’t tried the serum one but I really wanna try that one too! Many people are raving that this foundation is a dupe for Estee Lauder double wear foundation. Personally, I haven’t tried Estee Lauder one so, I can’t make any comparison between them but I will share with you my opinion after using this foundation. Let’s gohh!
What it is:
Long-lasting foundation provides perfect cover and thin, fitting feel.
– With “Double Shot Technology,” the foundation provides the same coverage with a single application as double coats of a normal foundation. You can easily create smooth, flawless skin with a single coat with Double Lasting Foundation.
– With “Magnet Fit Effect,” the foundation weightlessly adheres on skin like a magnet without looking heavy or cakey. The thin layer stays powerfully locked in for a long time.
Various Personalized Shades Consulted by Color Professionals
– The various personalized shades are created based on global color professionals’ consultation. Find the perfect shade that will flaunt your natural skin tone.
Amount of product:
1.06 oz/ 30 g
WATER, CYCLOPENTASILOXANE, ETHYLHEXYL METHOXYCINNAMATE, METHYL TRIMETHICONE, CYCLOHEXASILOXANE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, ALCOHOL, METHYL METHACRYLATE CROSSPOLYMER, LAURYL PEG-9 POLYDIMETHYLSILOXYETHYL DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, PHENYL TRIMETHICONE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ZINC OXIDE, ISODODECANE, TITANIUM DIOXIDE, ACRYLATES/POLYTRIMETHYLSILOXYMETHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, DISODIUM EDTA, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, SODIUM CHLORIDE, STEARIC ACID, SILICA, ADENOSINE, ACRYLATES/ETHYLHEXYL ACRYLATE/DIMETHICONE METHACRYLATE COPOLYMER, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, TRIETHOXYCAPRYLYLSILANE, POLYSORBATE 80, POLYPROPYLSILSESQUIOXANE, HYDROGENATED LECITHIN, TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77492), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491), IRON OXIDES (CI 77499), FRAGRANCE
How to use:
1) Gently shake the bottle up and down before use.
2) Take an appropriate amount of the Double Lasting Foundation and gently apply in the direction of skin texture.
3) Gently pat the face with the fingertips to increase adherence and absorption into skin.
The packaging is really simple yet very handy. Well, actually I’m quite surprised when Etude House didn’t come out with princessey packaging style. If they do, I’m in! haha The foundation comes in a frosted glass bottle with ‘double lasting’ name printed in the front. The pump bottle is always welcome to me. You can control the pump by how much foundation you want.
I have yellow undertone skin, so I usually pick my foundations with yellow tone. Luckily, if you don’t know what the right shades for you because Etude House’s promo pictures make them look too bright, you can go to any Etude House stores near you and the workers or color professional there will consult you on what shades suit you the most. They have all the shades and swatches as well!
The texture is not too thick nor too runny. The finish is not dewy nor matte, it lies in the middle. If you have dry skin, you might find this foundation is too dry for your skin. So, before applying this foundation, you should wear any hydrating base underneath as a base before applying them. After the foundation settled into my skin, I can feel the foundation slightly dry my skin but not too bad plus I do really like this foundation and the way it looks on my skin.
Okay time to try this foundation out!
First, I use foundation brush and spread the foundation all over my face and then I give gentle dap using foundation brush.
Then I use cushion but you can use any makeup sponges to blend the foundation. If you feel like you need more coverage, you can go in with a second layer. Always work in thin layers to avoid looking cakey!
If you look close enough, you can see my uneven skin has been improved.
This foundation has medium to high coverage depending on how many layers you use. If you like high coverage, you can definitely go with 2 or 3 layers to achieve a full coverage look
Living in a hot and humid country, this foundation stays on pretty long on my face. It does look slightly drying on me and also faded a bit around my cheeks and the foundation oxidizes into a slightly ashy color. If you use a good hydrating primer as a base, this might look great.
This foundation doesn’t have a strong scent to it.
– Available in different shades
– Medium to high coverage
– Not heavy and comfortable
– Not emphasize pores
– Contain SPF
– quite dry but still can be fixed
– oxidizes to slightly ashy yellow