How many face washes do you use? For me, I rotate between a few favourites depending on the situation and my mood! Here are my Top 3 face wash recommendations if you have oily or acne prone skin like me.
Eucerin Dermato Clean Mild Cleansing Milk
This milk based cleanser is made for sensitive skin but is suitable for oily skin too. Thanks to its very mild and gentle ingredients, it won’t strip your skin dry and is also safe to use when you have breakouts.
The texture is a very lightweight, milky with a lightly pleasant scent. It doesn’t foam up that much but rest assured, it does its job well!
- APG Complex: An effective yet extra mild cleansing complex.
- Gluco-glycerol: A nature-derived moisturising active.
- Hyaluronic acid: Skin care active with a high moisture binding capacity.
I like to use this cleanser in two ways:
- In the morning to lightly freshen up my face after waking up
- As the first step in double cleansing after wearing heavy makeup
2. Cosrx Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser
If you have tried the Cosrx Good Morning Gel Cleanser and are looking for something slightly stronger, this one should be on your list!
Infused with salicylic acid to help gently unclog sebum, its great to use on days where you have slight breakouts and not looking for a too intensive scrub.
It has a medium thick and creamy texture. Best of all, it’s non-drying and safe to use daily for soft and smooth skin.
I love to use this cleanser in the evening to give my face a deeper cleanse after being exposed to various pollutants and dust.
- Salicylic Acid: A natural BHA which dissolves oils and clears blackheads and whiteheads
3. Senka Perfect Whip Cleanser
This cleanser is one of the most popular ones in the market so I had to give it a try! It is also the No.1 facial cleanser in Japan for 8 years consecutively (wow!)
The texture is very thick and it foams up well when massaged. A little goes a long way!
While it does provide a very deep cleanse, I found that it can be a little drying. Therefore I only pick this cleanser on days I feel especially grimy, like after I have a very sweaty exercise session or have been outdoors.
- Shiseido’s unique moisture-boosting Aqua-In-Pool ingredient: Protects and strengthens skin against day-to-day damage and reinforces skin’s barrier function
- Senka’s signature silk cocoon essence: Improves skin’s resilience for longer-lasting moisture without leaving a tight feeling
Overall, if I had to recommend only one, it would be the Cosrx Salicylic Acid Daily Gentle Cleanser! It has the perfect balance between deep cleansing and moisturising. But of course, feel free to pick and choose whichever suits your needs best!