Korean brand Axis-Y has been one of my favorite brands lately due to its minimalistic packaging, clean and safe ingredients, and the tag line “Climate Inspired Skincare Solution“.
Epigenetics has revealed that our environment has a direct influence on our cells and skin condition.
In the same way, our climate, temperature, humidity, and stressors directly affect how our skin behaves and how we care for it.
Axis-Y curates skincare that adjusts to the changes in our climate, temperature, humidity, and more; focusing on deeply healing and nourishing the skin. What’s interesting is that Axis-Y specially created its newest product – The Mugwort Pore Clarifying Wash Off Pack in support of the fight against COVID-19 and how many were suffering from maskne or mask acne due to prolonged wearing of face masks. I think it’s an interesting concept and I definitely love it. Without further ado, let’s get into the review.
With a base of 61% Mugwort extract, this wash-off pack clears the pores of impurities, soothes inflamed and irritated skin, and gently exfoliates dead skin to reveal a bright and healthy complexion. It claims to:
- unclog pores and reduces the appearance of it
- calms inflammation and irritation of the skin
- exfoliates the skin with azuki bean granules
Some core ingredients include:
- 61% Mugwort (Artemisia Princeps) extract – protects the skin from harmful oxygen, revitalizes it from damage, and soothes and cleanses the skin.
- Phaseolus Angularis (Azuki Bean) Seed powder – gently removes dead skin cells
- Houttuynia Cordata Extract – increases promotion and regeneration of skin cells
- Cynara Scolymus (Artichoke) Leaf extract – prevents skin aging through its antioxidant properties
- Laminaria Japonica (Kelp) extract – revitalizes and nourishes rough and irritated skin
From the COSDNA analysis here, all ingredients are rated a safety level of 1-2, with only Chromium Oxide Greens rated between 2-5.
PACKAGING & PRODUCT
The product comes in a minimalistic green plastic tub with a white lid.
It comes in 100ml and its key ingredients are printed at the back too.
Once you open the lid, it comes with a separate lid and a spatula.
The mask is a forest greenish color with azuki beans inside.
I apply evenly with the spatula onto my face, making sure I don’t apply it too thick or too thin. It applies easily and doesn’t take more than a minute. Once I’m done, I wait for about 10-15 mins then wash it off. It washes off quite easily and doesn’t feel like I need to scrub my entire face to get it off.
I immediately feel that there are a slight cooling and calming sensation to my skin. My skin feels clean, my pores feel less clogged and the impurities that were built up from dust and dirt are gone. I think this is a really good wash off pack for those who live in humid weather as it really makes your skin feels clean, fresh, and exfoliated.
- great clean and safe ingredients
- 61% mugwort extract
- azuki beans to help exfoliate
- unclogs pores, cleans and refreshes skin
- calms irritated skin
In a nutshell,
I definitely liked this product and really recommend it to everyone! I incorporate this into my weekly skincare routine and its definitely helped my skin feel cleaner, refreshed and unclogs my pores.
You can get this here!
Axis-Y Mugwort Pore Clarifying Wash Off Pack