I know, the sound of a chemical exfoliator seems pretty scary. Believe it or not, I was not the biggest fan of chemical exfoliators because it seemed so harsh for the skin. I’ve been told by my beautician that I have uber sensitive, thin facial skin so I had to be really careful of what I used. I think my eagerness of wanting smooth, flawless, hyperpigmentation free skin gave me the courage to try out Cosrx’s AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid. Ever since then, I’ve never looked back.
What’s so special about it? 🌼
AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid mainly contains Pyrus Malus Fruit Water (apple water) which is a natural AHA, Glycolic Acid, Niacinamide and Hyaluronic Acid. Focused on creating healthier vitalized skin, it only contains 10 ingredients to help with:
- Exfoliating dead skin cells and diminishing the appearance of large clogged pores.
- Softening and reducing blackheads, whiteheads and troubles on skin.
- Controlling excessive sebum while retaining and moisturizing the skin.
- Repairing skin damage from hyper-pigmentation, acne scarring to fine lines.
Why chemical exfoliators? 🌿
Chemical exfoliator penetrates deeper into the skin and accelerates the skin’s natural turn over rate which creates the exfoliating effect. As for the AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid, it penetrates into the top layer of the dermis, working to exfoliate away dead skin cells, clearing away unwanted whiteheads, preventing blackheads as well as fading away sun damage, acne scars and pigmentation over time.
How do you use it? ✨
- Use clean hands and apply a small amount after essence
- Once it has fully absorbed, use a serum or mask for better moisture retention
*AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid is best used in your night time skincare routine.
- Use small amounts once a week and after the skin has adapted, you may increase your usage to up to 3 times a week.
- On days you are using AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid, do not use other exfoliating products, products containing aha, bha, retinol or vitamin c.
Why do I love it? 💖
It does exactly what it claims and it’s my holy grail to maintaining smooth skin! It’s especially helpful for when I sleep late and small bumps start to appear the next day or when I’ve been out all day in makeup and you can just feel your skin being clogged up. I had a minor stinging sensation the first few times of using it but it eventually went away and it’s now my weekly must-do routine. Ever since I started using Cosrx’s AHA 7 Whitehead Power Liquid, I noticed my whiteheads became lesser and the extremely stubborn blackheads on my nose became less stubborn. Facial visits eventually became less painful during extractions even though I probably only go once in 3 months.
I’m almost finishing the whole bottle and I did notice that my hyper-pigmentation has become lighter and it doesn’t occur as easily as before anymore. Not to forget my acne scars are now healing at lightning speed (kidding, but it’s definitely faster!), with a more controlled skin and lesser hormonal breakouts.
I’m definitely a chemical exfoliator convert and I do feel that if you haven’t tried chemical exfoliators, you should add it into your routine. I’m planning to try Cosrx’s BHA Blackhead Power Liquid next! 😉
Rating: 5 / 5 🌟
Pyrus Malus (Apple) Fruit Water, Butylene Glycol, Glycolic Acid, Niacinamide, Sodium Hydroxide, 1,2-Hexanediol, Panthenol, Sodium Hyaluronate, Xanthan Gum, Ethyl Hexanediol